Pecan Pumpkin Pie
This pie is insanely good. And easy too. Do not leave out the orange zest.
Credit to AllRecipes.com
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used a bit less, around 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine eggs, sugars, flour, spices and salt. Blend in pumpkin. Gradually add milk; mix well.
- Pour into 9-inch pie shell. Bake in 450 degree F (230 degrees C) oven 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 40 to 50 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie the last 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- To Make Topping: Combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon grated orange rind, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup pecans.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com